High Volume Savings Programme
DEVOLD AMT Non Crimp Fabric (NCF) reinforcements are produced using multiaxial weft insertion technology, allowing us to produce single and multilayer reinforcement products that can be precisely tailored to your application. By the careful selection of fiber types, layer construction and stitching. Strength and stiffness can be placed where it is needed most and in the quantity that is required.
High volume, high performance, higher savings: ask as for our best price standard solutions.
a) GLASS FIBER REINFORCEMENTS
Glass fiber reinforcements are classified according to their properties. At present there are five major types of glass used to make fibers. The letter designation is taken from a characteristic property:
- A-glass is a high-alkali glass containing 25% soda and lime, which offers very good resistance to chemicals, but lower electrical properties.
- C-glass is chemical glass, a special mixture with extremely high chemical resistance.
- E-glass is electrical grade with low alkali content. It manifests better electrical insulation and strongly resists attack by water. More than 50% of the glass fibers used for reinforcement is E-glass.
- S-glass is a high-strength glass with a 33% higher tensile strength than E-glass.
- D-glass has a low dielectric constant with superior electrical properties. However, its mechanical properties are as good as E-or S-glass.
b) CARBON FIBER REINFORCEMENTS
Carbon fibers are a new breed of high-strength materials. Carbon fiber has been described as a fiber containing at least 90% carbon obtained by the controlled pyrolysis of appropriate fibers. Carbon fiber composites are ideally suited to applications where strength, stiffness, lower weight, and outstanding fatigue characteristics are critical requirements. They also can be used in the occasion where high temperature, chemical inertness and high damping are important.
c) HYBRID REINFORCEMENTS
Sometimes a trade-off must be made between several parameters such as strength, weight and cost to arrive at a solution. A collaboration of the differing properties of various glass and carbon fibers may be the answer.
Biaxial LT (0/90°)
Biaxial DB (+/- 20° to 80°)
Triaxial DBL (+/- 20° to 80°,0°)
Triaxial DBT (+/- 20° to 80°,90°)
Quadraxial DBLT (+/- 20° to 80°,0°,90°)
Chopped strand mat (CSM)
Variations in Weights and Gauges
Our product range offers all standard types of unidirectional and multiaxial reinforcements
- Weights from 300 tex to 2400 tex
- Gauge 5 to 12 (bundles per inch)
Have a look at our data sheets in the download area to find out about our price attractive standard types for typical applications in wind, marine and construction industries.